Please Don’t Interrogate Me, Bro!
Gwaaaah, I don’t want to blog for the next few weeks. Can I just tweet random shit for now? I’m lazy. However, someone forced me to join a blog carnival — yeah, this will totally work out. What is wrong with this blogosphere?
MY NEW WRITERS ARE COMING IN
WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME TO BLOG
PEOPLE ARE LIKE SO STUPID
The rules are a bit of a variation on the usual QUESTION HERE, ANSWER THAT carnival.
These questions come from a blog. I’m ‘obliged’ to respond to all of them, which is from the Sushi Go Kart blog. Gweh~
A raw fish with rice asks me:
1. What was the first anime you have ever watched? How do you think you would review it now?
Cowboy Bebop. Because everyone said it was cool to have that as your first anime to watch.
Personally, I have no idea what’s with the fascination over that show. I like the characters and the action, but I wouldn’t call it a 10/10 anime. When I watched it, I thought it was cool. But I was a film buff and my taste in media was of high standards; it was something to pass the time, not something to rewatch. In retrospect, I should have watched City Hunter because that show is way cooler. And perverts as protagonists are awesome.
When I talked to the c2switch of the c2teleidoswitch Tumblr on Bebop, she said she loved the show because of the nostalgia. If she ever rewatched it, she might lose that love for the show.
Since I’m not that old to look back to the past, I didn’t have that strong affection many people have over that show. And Azumanga Daioh had a bigger impact on my anime life and became a prime gateway series into anime for me. I had memories over that show.
Actually, I only remember Yukari’s driving.
Ghibli films were another gateway series. Also, Paprika and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
If I review Bebop now, I will ask Justin of Organization ASG to review it. And then, I will forget it. Twitter is more important than blogging. My opinion hasn’t changed much anyway.
2. Which novel or videogame would you like to see adapted into an anime?
Video games are for pussies. Doujin games and visual novels are where it’s at.
Anyway, the answer is ‘none’. I don’t want my VNs to be adapted by some crappy studio except Studio Shaft. And since that’s never happening — with the exception of ef — there are no works in my mind that should be adapted into the silver screen.
Even nukiges shouldn’t be adapted. They’re way too artful.
3. If you could be a Pokemon, which one would you be?
4. What is the most important thing you want to communicate to your audience?
I’m the best blogger in the world.
5. How do you feel about anime elitism? (Trying to find every fault within an anime).
That isn’t anime elitism. Anime elitism is where you think seinen anime is the best and every work other than seinen shows suck. For that, this is pretty lame. Neon Genesis Evangelion is shonen. Now, go cry yourself to bed, ani-elitists.
If you’re asking for people who find flaws in everything (aka me the cynic), then I think they are really sexy. Negative reviews are fine. Have a healthy dose of cynicism, anibloggers.
I also have to create and answer my own questions. If you’re a blogger who got tagged, you have to answer these as well. Gweh~
My amazing questions:
1. Sawa’s too fat for her horse. And she needs like OMG TOTALLY diet~~~ How is Tari Tari better than Hanasaku Iroha?
You got me there, Trollkastel. According to the rules, I have to post a cute picture. So here’s one (and please don’t fap because she is my waifu):
I don’t even get how Tari Tari is even popular.
2. If we pray hard enough, will Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse not be considered part of the Muv-Luv canon?
Yes. I hate everything about this show. Let me finish Muv-Luv Alternative in peace.
3. A young eight-year old girl, proclaiming to be a hardcore anime fan just like you, forced you to define ‘anime’ for her book report. She is a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender. How do you explain how Avatar is not an anime to her without making her cry and call the police for sexual harassment?
Okay, my questions are a bit too tough to answer. So here’s another picture of Watashi:
I was not this high when I made this post though.
4. People have called Serial Experiments Lain, Mawaru-Penguindrum, and other similar shows “not anime”. Does this statement make any sense?
No, they’re anime. They’re not your typical anime, but they’re anime.
5. Is anyone ready for school?
- That new blogger I’ve been talking to for a while
- Zaku for laughing at my torture
- Nuclear Cupcakes
- The blog that needs to be covered up by ARIA